- Cold Front has moved in and really slowed down the sailfishing
- Jones Corporate Group in 2 days on 3 boats went 135-112-55 + 8 Fly on Sails and 4-3-1 on Marlin
- Shoemaker in 2 days on Maverick raises 54 sails, has 34 bites and releases 23 on FLY!
- Koeppel Group on Canaso & Danmark in 2 days go 214-190-131 and 1 on fly!
- Crazy Talk - Dupre' Group on Sirena releases 62 sailfish yesterday!
- Martin Group goes 88-80-58 in 2 days and caught 1 Striped marlin!
- Numbers are CRAZY - Wiatt on Sirena & Chechos in 2 days - 323-284-196!!
- Nelson Group in 2 days so far on sails - 97-85-58!
Fishing in Guatemala, the sailfish capital of the world
If calm waters and multiple shots at Pacific sailfish every day excite you, then Guatemala’s Pacific coast is your fishing paradise. Experienced anglers rate Guatemala the #1 sportfishing destination in the world because it is THE “hot spot” for large numbers of Pacific sailfish. And when it comes to sailfishing – our experienced fleet averages an incredible 15 to 20 bites a day. Marlin in the 300 to 600 pound class are caught regularly in our waters. In recent years it is not uncommon to see our outstanding captains and crews raise multiple marlin in a single fishing day. Yellowfin tuna and dorado (Mahi-Mahi) are also abundant. We offer All-Inclusive fishing packages for Guatemala sailfishing and marlin fishing trips. Guatemala fishing is far superior to other options in Central America. Guatemala has very easy travel logistics which require no extra night in the main city upon arrival like Costa Rica or Panama. Once you arrive at the Resort you immediately recognize the quality of Pacific Fins’ accommodations, charter boats and crews. They are the best in Central America! Stay up to date through our News channel below. We also encourage you to follow us on Facebook (over 14,000 Raging Fans!), Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Links in the top right corner of our site.
Over the last several years more and more anglers who had previously frequented Costa Rica and Panama are now making Guatemala their primary fishing destination. Our Guatemala fishing packages make it easier and more affordable than ever to make your sportfishing adventure dream a reality. Fuel your desire and make this your adventure of a lifetime! See for yourself why over 80% of our guests are repeat clients year in and year out. Pacific Fins has the newest, most luxurious and best maintained fleet in the area and our Guatemalan captains are hands down the best and most experienced in the business.
“Conservation” is at the heart of what we do at Pacific Fins. We have spearheaded the commission in Guatemala for the protection of sailfish in our great country. We are laying the groundwork for future generations to enjoy, protect and experience this amazing big-game fishing destination.